people's choice

The All-time Lip Balms on Amazon, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers

Nosotros all accept those items that no matter how many you buy, you always seem to lose them or just constantly demand more of. For many people, that item is probably lip balm. Virtually women tin definitely attest to having at least a few rolling around in the bottom of their numberless, and who doesn't have at to the lowest degree two hanging out in their desk drawers? So unless you can magically keep rail of your teeny-tiny tube of lip lotion wherever you go, chances are y'all're looking to buy more. To help yous navigate which to purchase, we put together a list of some very hydrating (and mostly very cheap) lip balms on Amazon, thanks to the help of the most enthusiastic reviewers we could find. But if you're in the market for some more investment-worthy balms, cheque out our lists of long-lasting natural lip balms, lip balms with SPF, and tinted lip balms with SPF.

Related Manufactures: Best Products for Chapped Lips | Celebrity-Favorite Lip Balms | A Dior Lip-Lotion Gull

Burt's Bees

"I take been using this for well over a decade," says one reviewer of this well-reviwed lip balm. "I've tried many many other lip balms and treatments but continue to get back to this, my holy grail!" Many reviewers consider this a kind of onetime true-blue detail, even after trying other balms. "This stuff is the best," comments 1. "I have tried every drugstore type make of lip lotion and some from pocket-size local companies across the country and I always come up back to this one." And in an ever-growing field of glosses, tints, and lip masks, reviewers similar that this does its chore as a classic balm. "I used Eos and Nivea earlier this," says one shopper. "The other lip balms I tried are oily. They give a glossy appearance. But this is more like a balm. Not glossy but gives a more moisturized natural lips appearance. Fifty-fifty though the other lip balms kept my lips skillful while it is on, it often left my lips flaky … Later on using this balm, I never had that trouble. The lips had a salubrious moisturized wait."

ChapStick Classic (3 Sticks) Original Lip Balm

This ChapStick lip balm is as constructive equally the ones from more expensive brands, at least according to dozens of 5-star reviewers. "My boyfriend goes through these like crazy," writes 1 reviewer, who stashes these in their house and motorcar. "This is his favorite ChapStick because it works and doesn't accept a girly olfactory property. This is the best deal I've establish on these and much cheaper than ownership 1 at a fourth dimension at the chemist's. If you go through chapstick like we do, these are a must buy!" Another reviewer "broke [their] habit of splurging $iii+ per Burt's Bees" with these. They say the ChapStick lip balm is "just as pleasant and effective, for a huge value." Now, they stock up "so [they] won't run out and can place i in all [their] important stations, similar purse, bedside, desk-bound, bathroom!" Plenty of other reviewers likewise say this is their tried-and-truthful lip balm of choice. Ane "avid ChapStick user" writes, "This is that classic ChapStick polish feel and long-lasting result. Love the smell and information technology hands fits in a pocket, pocketbook, or space. Plus more blindside for your buck."

Aquaphor Lip Repair Ointment

Nearly a quarter of reviewers describe their lips as dry out – and dozens even say theirs were cracked – until they started using this treatment. One whose peel dried out due to Accutane says, "Information technology is extremely constructive at moisturizing and softening dry lips and feels very lite." Another says Aquaphor is the only lip balm "that kept me from having to manually peel dry skin off my lips every iii days." One other thinks it's then constructive because, "It penetrates the peel rather than sits on top of it." Others comment on how quickly this lip lotion works its magic. Later on "THREE NIGHTS of utilize and the cracking was gone," ane satisfied customer writes, adding, "ONE WEEK of use and the lips were completely healed."

Blistex Medicated Lip Balm SPF 15

Nearly 90 percent of all reviewers gave this Blistex lip balm five stars. It comes in a three-pack, so reviewers really think you get a lot of blindside for your buck, and it'south also medicated with dimethicone, a lip protectant that seals in moisture and keeps lips hydrated for longer. And reviewers notice a difference. "Since I started using the Blistex medicated kind I oasis't had a lip cleft ONCE. And I've noticed my husband has had less too," writes i customer who hates "that flavored stuff" because, "The sweet makes my lips feel sticky and doesn't exercise annihilation for my lips." If yous're looking for a lip balm that actually works, she thinks, "This stuff is the shiz." Another client thinks this is the only production that actually keeps her "lips from being chapped" in the winter. She explains, "The medicated moisturizer lasts for several hours which keeps my lips from becoming dry out and croaky. I keep them all over the business firm, in my pockets and pocketbook."

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm

While customers were also drawn to the original Burt's Bees lip balm that took our best-rated spot, this lip lotion stood out to customers who needed a footling extra aid with their chapped lips. Customers say the ultra-workout version of the classic formula keeps their lips hydrated for a long time. "Normally, my lips start to feel itchy and chapped after a while. My lips are very sensitive to chapping. I was surprised that a lip balm in stick class could last that long," says one customer who says her "lips actually feel normal and don't dry out" with this lip balm. Another even thinks that you lot don't need to applyas much of this lip balm equally other brands and then it "lasts a surprisingly long time." She goes on to say, "I don't know whatever other mode to describe it aside from information technology feels 'thicker!' Each individual application too seems to concluding a good couple of hours." And while many customers use it to preclude chapped lips, ane customer says it too heals severely chapped lips. She caught a cold and her "lips got super duper chapped," explaining, "Like I had tiny scabs on my lip line. More my upper lip just wow, it was ridiculously painful. Perhaps the tissue dried my lips out? Who knows but I needed something quickly." She turned to Burt's Bees lip balm and reports, "First swipe I was sold! It actually moisturized my lip, not just sit on top doing goose egg."

Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm

"I can't live without this lip balm," writes one shopper. "I take about 5 of them in rotation between the kitchen, the auto, my purse, the office, etc. A makeup artist taught me a great trick: go on this in your purse and utilise as a cream blush for a piddling color pick-me-up when needed … Best product Maybelline has ever made!!!" Reviewers found that fifty-fifty at its much lower price, this balm stood up to more expensive competitors. "Don't pay loftier prices for lipsticks, or gloss, that is non as good as this i," says one. "I have expensive lipstick, just since I've bought this, I don't wearable information technology. That's how much I honey Infant Lips. This is great for any historic period, teenage to seniors!" And while a few reviewers commented on the "Infant Lips" name — "I am a 44-twelvemonth-former woman and experience creepy using something called 'Babe Lips,'" says ane — it doesn't deter them from repeat purchasing. "The only affair I'd change is the name crusade information technology looks similar something merely a tween would want to carry around — and I'k style older than that! Simply the product is and so proficient I'd buy it once again," says one shopper.

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm

"Myalllll fourth dimension favorite [lip balm] and color," writes one user, who purchased the crimson dahlia shade. According to some other reviewer, it doesn't matter what color yous choose, since the master attraction here is moisture with a sheer tint: "Either way, yous can't go incorrect." Another user describes it as, "Uber moisturizing, as all these tints are, and information technology gives your lips an unbeatable color 'perk' when you want that I'm-Not-Wearing-Lipstick feeling." And while one says, "It'south not a deep moisturization," it's "a nice light day-to-day moisture to keep my lips feeling good." But for one reviewer, this tinted lip balm beats out section shop brands: "Even brands like Korres and Fresh don't offer what this Burt'southward Bees Ruby-red Dahlia does: not sticky, long lasting, moisturizing, easy to apply (without a mirror), non-sparkle, 'natural' colour lip balm."

Honest Beauty Tinted Lip Balm

Unlike the Maybelline and Sky Organics lip balms, this tinted lip balm is vegan, which was a selling signal for dozens of customers. 1 reviewer has "been looking for the perfect, subtle berry-toned lip lotion for years" that was also vegan and cruelty-gratuitous, and she "finally found it," calling it "absolutely perfect." She says it's "moisturizing and a squeamish cool-tone berry shade. It looks nighttime in the tube but information technology gives a very subtle bit of color." Another customer was using Maybelline's Baby Lips, but she cringed every time she used it because information technology wasn't vegan or cruelty-free. She finally switched this and writes, "I am so pleased with this balm. The sheer tint is perfect for everyday wear. There'south no aroma or flavor. It'due south affordable and super moisturizing. Most lip products dry my lips out instantly, but not this."

Nivea Lip Care Fruit Variety Pack, 4-Pack

This variety pack of Nivea lip balms comes in iv unlike scents and shades — watermelon, strawberry, cherry, and blackberry — which reviewers rave about. "I admittedly love these!! My lips are moisturized and tinted with simply the correct corporeality of colour," writes one five-star reviewer. Another, who notes that these Nivea lip balms are "much more moisturizing" than the ones from Eos, likes that "the colors are buildable and last an acceptable amount of fourth dimension, even under a mask." And a third reviewer who uses all four shades throughout the week is happy that they can at present enjoy "not but having moisturized, colorful lips … only also matching the different colors to my outfits."

L'Occitane Ultra-Rich Shea Butter Nourishing Lip Balm

This Fifty'Occitane lip balm is praised past reviewers for its compatibility with makeup and nourishing formula. "Information technology actually makes my lipstick go on so smoothly, similar I'm in my 20s again. [There are] no lines effectually the lips," writes one reviewer. "It goes on sheer and adds merely the right amount of gloss," writes some other. "Information technology isn't pasty or gloopy and information technology has the most wonderful fragrance." A third reviewer likes to create a low-maintenance await by pairing this balm with lip liner, and adds that this is their "favorite lip protector." "The all-time lip moisturizer available," says a fourth reviewer, who has tried many products before finding this balm. "This is fifty-fifty amend than what my dentist gave me and better than what the pharmacist [recommended]."

Henné Organics Luxury Lip Balm

Reviewers who swear by this indulgent Henné lip lotion say it's worth the price. "If yous are on the fence near spending this much on lip balm y'all won't be sorry," writes one reviewer. "At fifty years old I have probably tried hundreds of lip balms … I am amazed at how well and how chop-chop this lotion worked. My lips are soft and polish and no more peeling! I never want to be without this product." A reviewer who has eczema says this balm is "absolutely worth the price" and adds that it's the only lip lotion that they can apply without causing a burst. A 3rd reviewer says it "has the perfect amount of butters and oils so it'south not hard, not too oily" and that "it goes on smoothen and stays on." A reviewer who'southward also used information technology on "cuticles and under-optics" says "information technology is low-cal, but not blusterous. It will concluding a long time. I love the fashion it makes my lips feel." Compared with drugstore lip balms, this coconut-oil-based formula has "quality ingredients," co-ordinate to a 5th reviewer, who concludes, "my lips accept never been this pampered."

Eco Lips Vegan Lip Balm (3 pack)

"Hard to find vegan lip balm," writes i reviewer. "This is perfect." Another says, "So glad to find a vegan lip balm with no petroleum products or beeswax." And for many (not necessarily vegan) reviewers with allergies and sensitive skin, this was too a smashing option. "I am allergic to a lot of chapsticks and I take incredibly sensitive skin, so I break out with many products," writes one. "I haven't been able to find a cruelty gratis chapstick that caters to my skin's picky needs in a stick form … THIS STUFF IS THE BEST. It is not greasy, but it's too not super thick then you don't take to worry about stuff getting stuck to your lips."

eos Super Soft Shea Sphere Lip Balm

Ane reviewer was surprised by how much they love this lip balm: "I tried to hate on them but with my chronically dry lips, I couldn't get true relief from anything else," they write. A few annotation it'southward the shea butter that gives it a soothing feeling, one that works for the whole family: "Advisable and light plenty for kids besides, my girls dear the cute packaging and fun flavors. My husband also loves them, says they experience thicker and improve quality than other balms." In a higher place all else though, reviewers, more than fifteen percentage of them, beloved that this lip balm is flavored. "The Honey Apple flavor is amazing, and you tin smell and gustation it on my lips," writes 1 reviewer. "Huge bonus for sweet kisses!"

eos Organic Lip Balm

"My all-fourth dimension favorite lip balm. Super-moisturizing and not at all sticky. All-time of all, it's fabricated with organic, all-natural ingredients," writes one reviewer who also appreciates that it'south "silky smooth when it goes on the lip, with a nice matte gloss." Fifty-fifty a reviewer who ordinarily makes her own organic lip balm at home approves of the formula, adding that she "loves the scent — not false or overbearing like some lip balms." And another, who had a negative reaction to Burt'due south Bees and can ordinarily only utilise Aquaphor, was delighted when they found this product: "Eos is the just other lotion I can use on my lips that doesn't break me out. I take three of them so I take i everywhere — by my bed, in the bath (to prime number my lips earlier lipstick), and in my purse and then I can take it with me where the 24-hour interval takes me."

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25

If you're going to be spending time exterior, you might want to vesture a lip lotion with SPF — and many, many reviewers thought this was a good selection. "I was a little nervous that the SPF was going to have that bitter sense of taste that some lip balms with sunscreen tend to have, but non this one," writes i. "I almost forgot it actually had sun protection in information technology." And compared to other balms with sunday protection, this one stands out for its high SPF number. "This is the highest SPF in ChapStick I've institute, ever, all the same it doesn't taste or olfactory property anything remotely shut to sunscreen like all the other products I've used in the past," says 1 reviewer. "Protects my lips like no other … I will never purchase another ChapStick again!"

NIVEA Smoothness Lip Care - Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Moisturizing Lip Balm

Like the lip balm from Jack Blackness, this Nivea lip lotion has SPF. Merely y'all become iv for the price of ane Jack Blackness lip balm, and that value is why many reviewers bought information technology. "I beloved the iv pack because I can keep ane in my purse, nightstand, bathroom, wherever," says 1 reviewer. She also has "sensitive lips," and the wrong lip balm tin can actually make her lips more chapped — and she calls this balm "super hydrating" cheers to the shea butter, jojoba oil, and avocado oil. Some other customer claims to take "tried everything to keep my lips moist, especially in the winter," to no avail. However, this did the trick: "This Nivea Product is very emollient and seems to do an excellent job, far less flaking on the lips, far less trouble." And ane more than reviewer, who bought it specifically for the SPF, appreciates that she doesn't "take to constantly reapply."

Sun Bum Lip Balm, SPF 30

We have some other flavored lip balms on this list, but none of them have SPF, like this Sun Bum option does. In fact, information technology has the highest SPF count of all the options on our list with a whopping SPF 30. And reviewers love it, like one who says the high SPF is "what got me to attempt it." She says these lip balms are "so proficient" because they're "very moisturizing and the odor/season is fantastic." Another customer is actually "allergic to the sunday," and her lips will "ever end up with fever blisters" if she doesn't wear SPF. Her doctor recommended this brand, and so far, she's impressed. "I typically hate the feeling of chapstick on my lips but this chapstick is awesome! Information technology glides on smoothly and tastes and smells awesome." This pack comes with the watermelon, kokosnoot, and banana flavors — but you can likewise buy flavors like key lime, mango, pineapple, and pomegranate, if those are more your vibe — and reviewers say each tastes authentic and actually good. "The flavors are AMAZING," says another customer. "Normally if you lot accidentally lick your lips with chapstick the taste is bad but these are and then sugariness." She even finds them particularly hydrating, "almost similar putting direct up coconut oil on your lips," as she puts information technology.

Lip Smacker Party Pack

If y'all've been a Lip Smackers fan since simple school, you're not alone: "I have used Lip Smackers since I was 5 years old, and nevertheless have non establish a better ChapStick!" says ane shopper. And the multipack makes them a fun party favor: "Bought these as a large pack to split upward among some friends and co-workers for the holidays, since at that place were a mix of flavors … they were all actually happy with the product," writes 1 reviewer. A third reviewer who at offset thought information technology was "but some inexpensive kid'southward chapstick" at present says it's "the best lip balm I've ever had. [It] actually moisturizers my lips and gives information technology a natural tint. Non to mention leaves my kisses sweet."

Mentholatum Natural Ice Lip Balm

Over 90 pct of reviewers gave this lip balm a 5-star review, and many shoppers have been dedicated fans for years. "I can't say enough about how much I love this product! I have been using information technology since I was in college and I don't recall I can always alive without it," writes i. "They stopped selling information technology in the drugstores in my area and I had to start ordering it off of Amazon past the case but I am then happy that Amazon carries it. It is so cooling and wonderful for chapped lips." Shoppers telephone call information technology "soothing" and note that it's strong enough to stand up up to fifty-fifty the most chapped lips. "I have been suffering from angular cheilitis and peeling for years and accept used all sorts of prescription ointments and natural lip balms to aid heal my lips," comments one. "Inside two days of using this product my lips are back to normal."

DHC Lip Cream

"Throw away all your other ChapStick," writes ane reviewer. "You won't demand information technology after buying this. Even Blistex and Burts Bees and the all-time of them don't compare to how well this works." Many reviewers praised this balm for its creamy feel. "It's flossy but not thick and just has a great consistency," says one reviewer. Another writes, "Creamy, smooth and very healing!" Many reviewers mentioned using this lip balm under lipstick for added moisture: "Creamy smooth can be used before bed or under lipstick," says i. "Very nice nether lipstick," another comments.

Revlon Kiss Lip Balm, Tropical Coconut

This Revlon lip balm leaves a bit of a gloss on your lips after applying, and plenty of reviewers beloved the finish. "It leaves your lips soft and smooth without the glutinous feel that some glosses exit," says i customer who prefers the look of lip gloss only hates the texture. And another client agrees that the balm "leaves your lips glossy looking without a tacky awareness." She explains, "It goes on clear, simply sort of brings the natural color of your lips into better relief due to the loftier gloss." Although fifty-fifty with the makeup-y terminate, this lip balm is still actress-hydrating. As one customer reports, "Subsequently using information technology for ii months, I can fully adjure that this product works! The formula is both protective and moisturizing. It has a not-aggressive olfactory property which I prefer. And information technology goes a long way."

Revlon Kiss Exfoliating Balm

"I've used ChapStick all my life, and so tried every single lip balm on the market because my lips get extremely dry out, and then (GROSS) the skin crumbles off (YUCK)," starts a five-star reviewer. "No lip lotion E'er felt similar information technology moisturized except this one." According to another reviewer, that might be considering Revlon'south exfoliating lip balm is made with real sugar crystals that "have that awful scaly pare off dry out lips." Others say that different most lip exfoliators, this one dissolves on your lips and doesn't require you to wipe it off: "It is something yous can but put on and get nearly your day — no rinse off required and really user-friendly," says a reviewer. And considering of how effective information technology is, dozens use it equally part of their makeup routine. One reviewer who uses this earlier applying liquid matte lipstick appreciates that "it does non cause the liquid lip to slide nor does information technology take away anything from the matte finish … And my goodness it's a game changer. It is my holy grail lip prep now!"

The Strategist is designed to surface the most useful, skilful recommendations for things to buy beyond the vast e-commerce landscape. Some of our latest conquests include the best women'south jeans , rolling luggage , pillows for side sleepers , ultraflattering pants , and bath towels . We update links when possible, but notation that deals can expire and all prices are subject to change.

Every editorial production is independently selected. If you buy something through our links, New York may earn an chapter committee.

The Best Lip Balms on Amazon, Co-ordinate to Reviewers